Contributing to Chakra UI Vue
Thanks for being interested in contributing! We're so glad you want to help!
We want contributing to Chakra UI Vue to be enjoyable, and educational for anyone and everyone. All contributions are welcome, including issues, new docs, as well as updates and tweaks, blog posts, workshops, and more.
When contributing to this repository, please first discuss the change you wish to make via issue, email, or any other method with the owners of this repository before making a change.
Please note we have a code of conduct, please follow it in all your interactions with the project.
Please create a new branch from an up to date master on your fork. (Note, urgent hotfixes should be branched off the latest stable release rather than master)
- Fork the Chakra UI Vue repository on Github
- Clone your fork to your local machine
git clone email@example.com:<yourname>/chakra-ui-vue.git
- Create a branch
git checkout -b my-feature-branch
- Make your changes, lint, then push to to GitHub with
git push --set-upstream origin my-feature-branch.
- Visit GitHub and make your pull request.
If you have an existing local repository, please update it before you start, to minimise the chance of merge conflicts.
git remote add upstream firstname.lastname@example.org:chakra-ui/chakra-ui-vue.git git checkout master git pull upstream master git checkout -b my-feature-branch
Chakra UI uses NuxtJS for its documentation website. Thank you in advance and cheers for contributing to our documentation! We created a simple command to run it.
npm run docs:dev
You can now access the documentation site locally. Changes to the docs will hot reload the site.
yarn bootstrap # Installs all dependencies and links packages yarn build # Builds package components yarn storybook # Starts storybook yarn test # Runs tests
npm run bootstrap # Installs all dependencies and links packages npm run build # Builds package components npm run storybook # Starts storybook npm run test # Runs tests
Code of Conduct#
In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we as contributors and maintainers pledge to making participation in our project and our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others' private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
Project maintainers who do not follow or enforce the Code of Conduct in good faith may face temporary or permanent repercussions as determined by other members of the project's leadership.
❤️ Contribute to this page
Caught a mistake or want to contribute to the documentation? Edit this page on GitHub!